Thursday, December 6, 2012

I wanna be myself again.

When I went to the terrace to lie down on the Water tank and look for an UFO
When I thought I could become a Space Researcher
When I ran back home after school to watch WWE
When I co-created 'Otavaai', the dumbest game ever invented on this planet, with my sister
When I called up my besties at their home in the land line and spoke to them for hours about the stupid homework
When I walked home from School with Divya and Kurian and laugh each time we cross the "Kurian Pit"
When my mom used to remind me that I had exam the next day and pray for me to get nervous so that I'd start studying
When I used to sit at the last bench & eat bonda with Kaccha mango
When there used to be Power at all times at home
When I locked myself upstairs with Harry Potter until midnight when I'd realize that I'm alone and run back down to the safety of my room
When a fun day meant staying at my home or Priyanka's to watch Friends & snack on Lays
When mobiles phones were something of a luxury which only adults could use

I could keep on writing how perfect my life was or rather, how simple I was back then. I used to pride myself for being very non-judgemental and aloof. I was like Howard Roark, when Dominique asks him what she thought about Ellsworth Toohey he replies, "Why would anyone think about Ellsworth Toohey?".I glided through the little problems I faced back then by intentionally not thinking about it. I really have no clue as to how and when I became this sensitive, whiny, jealous, over-analytical, self-praising and self-pitying, annoying douchebag of a person. Ok, sorry, even I am not that bad. This is just the effect of over-utilization of some adjectives solely meant to describe the boss.

But anyways, I am starting to think if growing up is really for our good? Now I have nothing more to look forward to than another depressing day @ work.

I miss my childhood. I miss me. 

1 comment:

Dinesh Babu said...

I liked it so much...:-)

There is still time!

My Objectives : 2011 1. Change Job 2. Save 60% of Monthly income 3. Go on a Euro trip , if not World Tour 4. Write a full length novel...